MCS Summer Feeding Program

Mineral County Provides Meals to Children During the Summer

The Mineral County Schools announces their sponsorship of the federally funded Summer Food Service Program.

Breakfast and Lunch is open to all children, ages 18 years and under, who would like to participate. 

Meals will be served at the following sites: Keyser Primary School, 1123 Harley O Staggers Drive, Keyser, WV 26726; Frankfort Intermediate School, 284 Intermediate Drive, Fort Ashby, WV 26719

Meals will be provided from Monday to Friday starting June 21, 2022, and ending on July 29, 2022.  We will be closed on Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.

A nutritious meal is important for children to learn, play and remain active during the summer months. Remember, Hunger Doesn’t Take a Summer Vacation!

For more information about the Summer Food Service Program, please call Rebecca Schneider at 304-788-4200, ext. 112.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

 Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

 To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

 (1) MAIL: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

 (2) FAX: (202) 690-7442; or

 (3) EMAIL:

 This institution is an equal opportunity provider.                                                       G – 30.1